Welcome to the World of the Nationwide Search of America's Top Drummer

Here, drummers can share experiences, swap tips and more!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Next Great Drummer 2009 Nationwide Winner - Ebony Peterkin


Interview Questions - Next Great Drummer Web Blog

Q: How did you hear about the Next Great Drummer Competition?
A: A friend

Q: What City did you Compete, Judge, or Perform in?
A: Vegas

Q: What is your role at the Next Great Drummer events?
A: I was the winner in 2009

Q: What part of the event has been most meaningful to you and what have you
learned?
A: I enjoyed meeting the other drummers; I learned everyone had a reason or
inspiration for being present.

Q: What would you say to other drummers thinking about competing?
A: I would tell other drummers to be themselves. This is the first contest Ive
been apart of that give sound advice for every person competing. Even if they
are not the winner in the end, what the judges share is greater than any
title. I have discoverd that advice from people that you have never met can
sometimes be bankable information.

Q: What projects are you working on now that we can share with the public?
A: I am not working on anything rignt now; but stay tuned to my youtube
channel"theladysticks" I am considering placing more things on my channel from
tours of people I may never met again and meaningful moments of people and
things that inspire me to go higher.

Q: Is there anything else you'd like to share?
A: Iam grateful for Next Great Drummer contest. NGD was a true inspiration to
be apart of during that season of my life; I am excited about NGD family and the
future of everyone taking part of NGD living tree. The foundation of this
company is based off a pure spirit of helping others to become the NGD.
Everyone connected to NGD are wonderful in character from the head of the
company to the judges,drum company and Sam Ash reps.

I enjoyed the entire experenice from "hello Chrystal I am ...... over the phone..
to meeting Eric in person... to winner the title of NGD 2009.... It was
wonderful....

No comments: