Welcome to the World of the Nationwide Search of America's Top Drummer

Here, drummers can share experiences, swap tips and more!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mark Henley-Keyboardist with the Next Great Drummer All-Star Band


Interview with Mark Henley-Keyboardist with the Next Great Drummer All-Star Band

Q: How did you hear about the Next Great Drummer Competition?
A: From Phillip Greenwood, Sr.

Q: What City did you Compete, Judge, or Perform in (if applicable)?
A: I performed with the All-Star Band at Knott's Berry Farm and at the Long Beach Jazz Festival.

Q: What is your role at the Next Great Drummer events?
A: I play keyboards with the All-Star Band.

Q: What part of the event has been most meaningful to you and what have you learned?
A: The performances and rehearsals have meant a lot to me. I have learned to increase my flexibility as a musician.

Q: What would you say to other drummers thinking about competing?
A: It's a lot of fun; we have a great time. We're like a family, everyone supports each other.

Q: What projects are you working on now that we can share with the public?
A: I'm currently working on some original music for the band. And in November, I will be a part of a concert featuring the Elevation Orchestra at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.

No comments: