Welcome to the World of the Nationwide Search of America's Top Drummer

Here, drummers can share experiences, swap tips and more!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Next Great Drummer Interview with Winner Alexander Poblete


We just had to introduce you to a young inspiring drummer. Don't let her young age fool you...she's got what it takes to be on the big stage, hopefully touring someday with major recording artists.

Here is a short Q and A interview with her. Enjoy!


Q:
How did you hear about the Next Great Drummer Competitions and what was your first impression ?

A:
When we went to Sam Ash Music Store, we saw the Next Great Drummer poster on their bulletin board. I got excited when my Mom told me that I was going to compete. It means , I had to practice since I was new to drumming.

Q:
What City did you compete and win in?

A:
I competed in Las Vegas, NV and won there.


Q:
What part of the event has been most meaningful to you and what have you learned?


A:
I enjoyed playing drums in front of people. I liked the judges' advice to me to improve my drumming.I learned that there is always a lot to improve and also I can have a lot of new friends.

Q:
What would you say to other drummers thinking about competing?

A:
I would tell them to do the best they can and have fun.

3 comments:

Eric Seats said...

Congrats Alexander!!!! We really enjoy hearing, and watching you play!! I cant wait to see your name in lights!!!!!!
Eric Seats
nextgreatdrummer.com

Alexey said...

Thanks, Miss Chrystal and Mr. Eric ! I am looking forward to compete again in the NGD competitions ! Regards.

GospelGramsU said...

This little dynamo was a pleasant surprise to us all. She could barely reach the pedals but when she started to play the beats were so on pocket it was almost shocking how advance she sounded for her size and age only to go all the way and win her catagory, it was phenomemal to watch her!!!! We will see much of this little drummer lady in the future im sure of it!!!